When you run a job for an app that runs once or on schedule, AppCenter prompts you to select the system to query, a Teradata Database, Teradata Vantage, or Aster Database system. The root user must first create a system that you specify when executing a job for this app type.
When required settings are completed, you can run the job for your app. You can run as many jobs as you want for apps that run once or on schedule. You can run only one job at a time for apps that run until stopped.
If an email account is configured, AppCenter sends you notification about job status.
For apps that run until stopped, you can open the app URL once the app is running.
- Select , then select the app.
Select Select Start, then complete the settings with the following considerations:
Setting Considerations System For apps that run once or on schedule:
- If the administrator assigned a service account to this app, AppCenter automatically selects the Use service account with default system option and you do not need to enter credentials. You can clear the Use service account with default system selection and use a the same system with different credentials or a different system.
- If the administrator did not assign a service account to this app, enter the system credentials.
- If you select a Teradata system for which the root user assigned JWT as the Default Login Type when they created the system, AppCenter automatically selects Current Session for Authentication, and uses your current AppCenter login credentials. You can alternatively select Database or Corporate Login for authentication instead. This applies to Teradata systems only.
- If you did not add parameters when you created the app, skip this step.
- If you added required parameters when you created the app, select the associated settings.
- If you added optional parameters when you created this app, select the associated settings or clear the parameters.
- If you selected Upload as the parameter type when you created this app, click Browse.
- For apps that run once or on schedule, if you selected the option Allow user to select multiple values from this query when you created this app, you can select the parameters you want to use for this query.
- For apps that run once or on schedule, AppCenter supports multibyte characters in job parameter names and values.
Schedule (Optional) For apps that run once or on schedule:
The AppCenter UI provides time schedule options of every 30 minutes or every hour. You can use Jobs in the App Service API for more granular interval options.
- If you select a schedule option and run the job, you cannot change the schedule later.
- AppCenter shows selected schedule options in Execution History.
Title and description (Optional) For apps that run once or on schedule:
- Title (name) and description are optional.
- You can include both a name and description, only a name, or only a description.
- If you add a name, AppCenter uses that as the job name in Execution History and in the AppCenter Overview.
- If you add a description, AppCenter includes that under the job name in Execution History.
- [Optional] For job status, including any job parameters used, error messages, and links to results where applicable, select Execution History.