The currently certified versions for this release are listed in Teradata Hadoop Products Certification and Lifecycle Information. Go to https://access.teradata.com, log in, and search for KCS010311 or contact your Teradata Customer Service Representative.
Teradata QueryGrid: Teradata Database-to-Hadoop
- Import Hadoop data into a temporary or permanent Teradata table
- Export data from temporary or permanent Teradata tables into existing Hadoop tables
- Create or drop tables in Hadoop from Teradata Database
- Reference tables on the remote hosts in SELECT and INSERT statements
- Select Hadoop data for use with a business tool
- Select and join Hadoop data with data from independent data warehouses for analytical use
- The ability to export data to Hadoop servers
- A simplified grammar, making the Teradata QueryGrid Teradata-to-Hadoop connector easier to use. After creating a foreign server once, you can use the server name instead of providing detailed connection information for each SQL query.
- The automatic push down of qualification columns and grammar to run on a remote host
- The ability to qualify both columns and partitions involved in the query to reduce the amount of data returned
- The ability to create an authorization object to securely store credentials. Define foreign servers to use an authorization object to authenticate with a security system, such as LDAP or Kerberos, protecting Hadoop clusters.
- Privileges to control who can read and write to the servers and tables on remote hosts
The syntax used for the connector is a Teradata extension to the ANSI SQL:2011 standard.