NIC Bonding is an optional network configuration for an EM Appliance. This appendix covers NIC configuration with respect to the Ecosystem Manager Server and the dependent components.
- Start YaST2: # yast lan
On the network settings page, identify the two NICs to bond.
In the following example, eth6 and eth7 are the two NICs.
Name IP Address Ethernet Network Card |DHCP Ethernet Network Card |DHCP Ethernet Network Card | Ethernet Network Card | Ethernet Network Card | Ethernet Network Card | 184.108.40.206 Ethernet Network Card | 220.127.116.11Note the BusIDs for both network interfaces for later use.
You must unconfigure both NICS.
- Tab to the first NIC card and select NO IP Address(for Bonding Devices).
- Tab to the second NIC card and select NO IP Address (for Bonding Devices).
- On the Overview page, select Add to add a new network configuration.
- In the Device Type menu, select Bond, and then select Next.
- On the Network Card Setup page, select the appropriate IP addresses. For example, use can two static IP addresses assigned to the machine.
- Tab to Add.
Add another Statically assigned IP Address to the interface.
Alias Name BondedSIP IP Address <18.104.22.168> Netmask 255.240.0.0
- On the Network Card Setup page, select the Bond Slaves tab.
Select the two NIC interfaces as bonded slaves:
Bond Slaves [x] eth 6- [x] eth 7-
- For the Bond Driver Options, select a balancing option.
With configuration complete, the Bond Network is now listed on the Overview tab of the Network Settings page:
Bond Network * Device Name: bond0 * Started automatically at boot * IP address: 22.214.171.124, subnet mask 255.240.0.0 * BondedSIP (126.96.36.199/)