You can assign roles to an existing Teradata Viewpoint user account. If your Teradata Viewpoint portal is configured to use auto-provisioning, a user account is created automatically the first time a user logs on to Teradata Viewpoint. By default, auto-provisioned accounts are authenticated externally and assigned a default role. The authentication source (for example, LDAP) and default role are set during configuration.
- From the Admin menu, open the Roles Manager portlet.
- From the Users view, browse the list of users or use the filters to find users.
- Click a user name.
- Click the Roles tab. Available roles are listed in the AVAILABLE PORTAL ROLES pane. Roles assigned to the user are shown in the ROLES FOR <User> pane.
- Select a role from the AVAILABLE PORTAL ROLES list or select multiple roles by pressing Shift or Ctrl.
- Click . The selected roles appear in the ROLES FOR <User> pane. In the AVAILABLE PORTAL ROLES pane, the assigned roles are dimmed.
- Click Apply.