For more information about:
- Linking weakly selective secondary indexes into a strongly selective unit using bit mapping, see “NUSI Bit Mapping.”
- PPIs, see “Partitioned and Nonpartitioned Primary Indexes.”
- Join indexes, see “Join Indexes.”
- Using the EXPLAIN request modifier, see SQL Data Manipulation Language , B035-1146 .
- Using the Teradata Visual Explain client utility, see Teradata Visual Explain User Guide.
- Additional performance-related information about how to use the access and join plan Database Design, B035-1094 reports produced by EXPLAIN to optimize the performance of your databases, see Database Design, B035-1094.
- Using the Teradata Index Wizard client utility, see Teradata Index Wizard User Guide and SQL Request and Transaction Processing, B035-1142.
- Collecting and maintaining accurate database statistics, see “COLLECT STATISTICS” in SQL Data Definition Language - Syntax and Examples, B035-1144.