Data Collection and Analysis
- BEGIN QUERY LOGGING
- COLLECT DEMOGRAPHICS
- COLLECT STATISTICS
- DROP STATISTICS
- DUMP EXPLAIN
- END QUERY LOGGING
- INITIATE INDEX ANALYSIS
- INITIATE PARTITION ANALYSIS
- INSERT EXPLAIN
- RESTART INDEX ANALYSIS
- SHOW QUERY LOGGING
- By the Optimizer, to produce the best query plans possible.
- To populate user-defined Query Capture Database (QCD) tables with data used by various utilities to analyze query workloads as part of the ongoing process to re-engineer the database design process.
For example, the Teradata Index Wizard determines optimal secondary indexes, single-table join indexes, and PPIs to support the query workloads you ask it to analyze.
Index Analysis and Target Level Emulation
Teradata also provides diagnostic statements that support the Teradata Index Wizard and the cost-based and sample-based components of the target level emulation facility used to emulate a production environment on a test system.
For more information about:
- BEGIN QUERY LOGGING, END QUERY LOGGING, and SHOW QUERY LOGGING, see SQL Data Definition Language - Syntax and Examples, B035-1144.
- Other query and workload analysis statements, see SQL Data Manipulation Language , B035-1146 .
- Teradata Index Wizard, see Teradata Index Wizard User Guide.