The Ecosystem Manager software development kit (SDK) is distributed as part of the Ecosystem Manager client installation. Refer to Teradata Ecosystem Manager Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide on how to set up the client machine. The client installation sets up the environment, libraries, jar files, and other client components required by the API.
- Check the target client machine and make sure the following packages are installed:
Directory Purpose …/teradata/client/em/lib Contains libraries and jar files required to link with the API …/teradata/client/em/sdk/include Contains all C and C++ header files …/teradata/client/em/sdk/samples Contains C, C++ sample code and makefiles
The EM package deploys components in the /opt/teradata/client/em/sdk/ directory.
- Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
- On UNIX, add /opt/teradata/client/em/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and make sure TMSM_HOME and EM_HOME are set to /opt/teradata/client/em/.
- On Windows, make sure …/teradata/client/em/lib is part of the PATH system variable.
- Build the sample code .c files found in /opt/teradata/client/em/sdk/samples directory using the makefile.
The directory contains different makefiles mapped to supported platforms. For example, Use makefile.linux on Linux platforms. Use makefile.SunOS on Solaris platforms. See the makefiles for instructions on how to run the makefiles.