You can configure the Aster instance to alert you when critical conditions occur within the instance. For instructions on how to do this, see the Teradata Aster® Execution Engine Aster Instance User Guide.
Teradata recommends setting these crucial alerts immediately after installation, so that you are notified by the system of these events:
- AXM001: Temp space monitor
- ST0001: Disk >= 90% full
- ST0002: Disk >= 80% full
- SY0002: Node failed
- SY0005: vWorker failed
- SY0008: RF == 0
- SY0009: RF is below the target value.
Teradata also recommends, though less critical, that you configure these alerts:
- HM0001: Generic health monitoring related to disks running low on available space.
- HM0002: Generic health monitoring related to disks running low on available space.
- MC0002: User attempted Soft Restart
- MC0005: User attempted to remove a node.
- ST0003: Disk > 65% full
- SY0001: Node is suspect
- SY0011: Disk error detected on worker node