- Log in as root on the node where you want to generate the SSH key. This could be the queen or another node.
- Execute this command to generate a new key: # ssh-keygen -t dsa
Press Enter to accept the default directory for the location where the key will be saved.
Enter file in which to save the key (/root/.ssh/id_dsa): Press [Enter] key
Press Enter when prompted for a passphrase.
The installation will fail if you create a passphrase.
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): Press [Enter] key Enter same passphrase again: Press [Enter] key Your identification has been saved in /root/.ssh/id_dsa. Your public key has been saved in /root/.ssh/id_dsa.pub. The key fingerprint is: 04:be:15:ca:1d:0a:1e:e2:a7:e5:de:98:4f:b1:a6:01 root@auser-queen
- Execute this command to change to the directory where your key file was created: # cd .ssh
- Execute this command to copy your DSA key file to authorized_keys to make it an SSH authorized key: # cat id_dsa.pub >> authorized_keys
Execute one of these commands to change the permissions on the authorized key file:
- # chmod 600 authorized_keys
- # chmod og-rwx authorized_keys
- Proceed with one of these options: