- If Apache Knox or Apache Ranger software is running on your Hadoop cluster, contact your Account Representative before installing an Aster instance.Teradata has not tested this release of the Teradata Aster® Execution Engine for Aster-on-Hadoop in an environment where Apache Knox or Apache Ranger software is running. If you must deploy the Teradata Aster® Execution Engine in such an environment, contact your Account Representative.
- Systems running a version of the Teradata SLES operating system have these packages installed:
- net-snmp (requires installation of perl-SNMP)
- Systems running a version of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system have net-snmp installed on all nodes.
- All nodes to be included in the Aster instance must contain the same /etc/hosts file with correct and complete information. PUT and ncli use the /etc/hosts files to group nodes and to add workers.
- Max open files is minimally 262144 and identical on all worker nodes. You can use the ulimit -a command on each node to check the set limit.
If you change the OS configuration parameter that specifies the maximum number of open files, you do not need to restart the server or the Aster instance at this time. The Aster instance is restarted later in the procedure, so the configuration change will take effect at that time.
- Java version 1.7 or 1.8 is installed on the computer that will be used to connect to PUT. Java 1.8 is the preferred installed version.