Name of one of the following database objects whose statistics are to be dropped.
- Table or global temporary table
- Single-table view
You can only request HELP STATISTICS reports for single-table views.
- Single-table query
You can only request HELP STATISTICS reports for single-table queries.
You cannot drop statistics on journal or global temporary trace tables because you cannot collect statistics on those database objects.
- Containing database for table_name if something other than the current database.
- Containing user for table_name if something other than the current user.
- Statistics are to be dropped for a materialized global temporary table.
- This keyword is not valid for permanent tables and if you use it with a table defined as permanent, an error is returned.
- If you do not specify TEMPORARY, but the referenced table is a global temporary table, the statistics are dropped for an empty table, but on the base global temporary table rather than its materialized instance.
- If you specify TEMPORARY correctly, but no materialized instance of the global temporary table exists in the session, the system materializes an instance with all of the statistics defined on the base temporary table before dropping statistics for it.
Example: Dropping All Statistics for a Table
This request drops any statistics that exist for the employee table.
DROP STATISTICS ON employee;