Number of bytes allowed for spool files.
The default is the largest value that is not greater than the owner spool space, and that is a multiple of the number of AMPs on the system.
The default is the amount of spool space allocated to the owner of this user. As a general guideline, specify a minimum of 20 percent of the permanent space allocated for this user. See Database Design, B035-1094 for details.
Neither n nor the evaluation of constant_expression can exceed the size of the owner spool space.
- You can enter the number of bytes as an integer, decimal, or floating point value or as a constant expression whose evaluation determines the number of bytes. You can also enter the value using exponential notation. For example, you can write one thousand as either 1000 or 1E3.
- n cannot exceed the spool space parameter in the profile of the creator. If no spool space is defined for that profile, then Teradata Database uses the spool space limit defined for the individual user-creator.
- Optional keyword that redundantly specifies the unit for the amount of space allowed.
- A constant expression is any SQL expression that does not make any column references. Specifying an appropriate constant expression for the SPOOL space size of a user enables Teradata Database to assign an optimal quantity of spool that scales to the size of your system by allocating SPOOL space on a per AMP basis.
- When you specify a SPOOL space size based on a constant expression, the assigned size does not automatically scale if, for example, you add more AMPs to your system.