The percentage of free space to remain on a cylinder after a loading operation completes. This specification does not immediately affect existing cylinders, but the new attribute value controls any new allocation of data blocks using this revised free space percentage.
For additional information, see “FREESPACE” in the CREATE TABLE section of SQL Data Definition Language - Detailed Topics, B035-1184.
- FastLoad data loads
- MultiLoad data loads into unpopulated tables
- Archive/Recovery RESTORE
- Table Rebuild
- Ferret PACKDISK
If few cylinders are available, and storage space is limited, MiniCylPack might not be able to honor the specified FREESPACE value.
- ALTER TABLE request that adds fallback protection to a table
- CREATE INDEX request that defines or redefines a secondary index on a populated table
- Creation of a fallback table during an INSERT … SELECT operation into an empty table that is defined with fallback.
- Creation of a secondary index during an INSERT … SELECT operation into an empty table that is defined with a secondary index.
- Integer is a value from 0 through 75.
- integer PERCENT
- Optional keyword to indicate value is a percentage.
Example: Changing FREESPACE
ALTER TABLE employee, FREESPACE = 5 PERCENT;