Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS).
The collation is as follows:
- Characters and symbols from the JIS X 0201 standard (in JIS X 0201 order).
- Ideographs, characters, and symbols from the JIS X 0208 standard (in JIS X 0208 order).
- Ideographs, characters, and symbols from the JIS 0212 standard (in JIS X 0212 order).
- IBM Kanji ideographs not present in JIS X 0208 and JIS X 0212 (in KanjiEBCDIC order).
- User-defined ideographs (in U+ order).
- Any remaining characters in Unicode (in U+ order).
Treatment of KANJISJIS, GRAPHIC, and LATIN character types is as if the data were first converted to Unicode and then the appropriate JIS_COLL ordering is applied.
Do not specify JIS_COLL collation for the KANJI1 character set.