Increases individual date ranges in the column to provide an overall range.
You can only add one NORMALIZE option for a table.
You cannot normalize a volatile table.
You cannot normalize a table defined with columns that have the JSON data type unless you explicitly specify those columns as members of the normalize_ignore_column_name column set.
- Add the specified normalize_column to table_name as a constraint for normalization purposes.
- ON normalize_column
- Column to add as a constraint for normalization purposes.
- ON OVERLAPS
- When date ranges in the column overlap.
- ON MEETS OR OVERLAPS
- ON OVERLAPS OR MEETS
- When date ranges in the column overlap or meet.
- ALL BUT (normalize_ignore_column_name)
- Add table columns to the list of columns that are not to be considered for normalization.
- The NORMALIZE constraint is to be removed from the normalize_column.