Up to 6 hierarchical constraints and 2 non-hierarchical constraints can be assigned per profile.
For more information about row-level security constraints, see CREATE CONSTRAINT.
Changes take effect at the next logon by profile members after the profile definition is modified.
- Name of one or more row-level security constraints, each followed by a list of the hierarchical levels or non-hierarchical categories, valid for the constraint, which are being assigned to the profile_name.
- List of hierarchical levels. Example of hierarchical level constraint assignment:
CONSTRAINT = Classification_Level (Secret, Unclassified DEFAULT)
- DEFAULT can be specified for 1 classification level from the specified list of levels for a hierarchical constraint. The specified level becomes the default value for the constraint when a session is established for the user to which the profile is assigned.
- If you do not specify DEFAULT for any of the listed classification levels, then the first level listed becomes the default for the profile.
- DEFAULT is not valid for non-hierarchical constraints.
- List of non-hierarchical categories. Example non-hierarchical category constraint assignment:
CONSTRAINT = Classification_Country (US, UK, GER)
- If the constraint is already assigned to the profile, the level and category names you specify for the constraint replace existing level and constraint specifications.
- If you specify NULL for a constraint previously assigned to the profile, the constraint is dropped from the profile definition.