A new default for the number of before change images to be maintained for data tables subsequently created in the database.
This option can appear twice in the same request: once to specify a BEFORE or AFTER image, and again to specify the alternate type. If only one type is specified, then the current default is modified only for that type.
- Terminates any current journaling default.
- If the JOURNAL keyword is specified without NO or DUAL, single copy journaling is implied. If journaling is specified, a DUAL journal is maintained for data tables with FALLBACK protection.
- Existing images are not affected until the corresponding table is updated.
- The JOURNAL keyword without BEFORE or AFTER indicates that both types of images are to be maintained. In this case, the current default for either or both types is modified accordingly. For example, if only AFTER JOURNAL is specified, the current default for before change images remains in effect.
- If BEFORE and AFTER are specified, the two must not conflict.