User default for server character set.
If you do not assign a default server character set, Teradata Database uses the setting of the DBS Control parameter Default Character Set.
- Fixed 8-bit Latin. This is the default on Standard Language Support mode systems.
- Fixed 16-bit encoding of virtually all characters for all languages currently in use throughout the world. This is the default on Japanese Language Support mode systems.
- Mixed single and multibyte characters defined by KanjiSJIS.
- You cannot specify a server character set of KANJI1or GRAPHIC. Otherwise, the system returns an error to the requestor.
- For details about server character set options, see International Character Set Support.