The Workflow Designer lets you add and connect nodes with drag and drop tools.
- Click to add a new workflow. The Workflow Designer work area appears with a blank workflow containing the Start, Task, and End node sequence.
Complete the Workflow Properties fields in the panel.
- Enter the Workflow Name
- Enter a description of the workflow.
- [Optional] Click to set up an email alert for unexpected issues.
- [Optional] Click to set up the workflow schedule. Enter when to start and repeat the workflow.
Click the Task node to edit.
- Select the Task Type.
- Complete the properties fields.
[Optional] Drag additional Task nodes onto the workflow as needed.
Select from the following options:
- Script Execution
- Table Validation
- Data Mover
- [Optional] Add an error transition to a Task node. You can add an action to occur if a node fails. Drag a second task to connect to a node. In the following example, the error transition is shown with a dashed line. An email sends if scriptExecution1 fails.
[Optional] Click Threshold Rules.
- Click next to a Threshold Rules.
- Click to select a violation.
- Enter the length of the threshold in seconds if applicable.
- Click to select the type of response.
- [Optional] Select the box next to Execute action to send an email when the threshold is reached.
- Click Save.
- Make sure you have Start and End nodes.
- Click Save. After you save, you can control the workflow in the Workflow Designer summary table view.