- Click Tables.
- Click the name of the table you want to validate.
- Click the Validation tab.
- Click next to Workflow Validation.
- [Optional] Enter the Where clause. These are the parameters for partial table validation. For example, to include only rows that are more than or equal to 100 in column_01, the format is: column_01>=100
Select one or both of the table validation techniques:
For table validation on Hadoop or Aster systems, the validation expression technique is not available. The field Hadoop rowcount column is applicable for table validation involving a Hadoop system.
Validation Technique Description Row Count flag Select the Row count flag box to verify whether the row count of a table matches across the Teradata Database. Validation Expression Enter a Validation Expression, up to 500 characters, for a custom table validation with a set of rows in a table.
[Optional] If you check the Row count flag, choose how to define validation failure.
- Use base tables rules. Base table rules are global rules defined in the Manage Synchronization Rules view.
- Use a custom rule to enter the limit for the row count difference across systems. You can enter a whole number or a percent value with decimals. For example, 1,200, 10% or 5.23% are acceptable.
- Set up an alert if validation fails.
- [Optional] Override default system selections and credentials. This allows you to enter a different database user.
- Click Test to verify the validation. Test is not available for table validation involving Hadoop or Aster systems.
- Click Apply for changes to take effect.