A zone user is a permanent database user with privileges in a zone. The first user added to a secure zone automatically becomes the primary zone DBA. Only the primary zone DBA can create further users.
- List existing secure zones for the desired Teradata Database in the Object List Viewer.
- On the desired row, right-click and select Add/Drop Secure Zone Users. The Add/Drop Users tab appears.
- Click Users in Zone.
- Expand the Users tree and right-click the name of the database or user, select Create Zone User and click OK to open the Create User Form.
- Fill out the desired information in the tabs.
- [Optional] Click SQL to review the generated SQL statements.
- Click Commit. A new zone user is created and added to the secure zone, and the user information appears.
[Optional] To refresh the Users tree with the newly added zone user, do the following:
- In the Add/Drop Users tab, under Users in Zone, right-click Users in the tree.
- Click Refresh. The Users tree includes the user you added.