Analytic tables hold data across the span of several transactions, sessions, or days. You can use analytic tables only for derived data and never for original source data. If data needs to persist longer than a few days, consider using a Regular table. Analytic tables are not replicated, and do not survive a system restart.
Regular (persistent) tables are only available for regular Aster database connections, not Aster Execution Engine (Aster-on-Hadoop) connections.
- Analytic tables are not replicated, and do not survive a system restart.
- Analytic tables may be FACT or DIMENSION tables (non-replicated).
- Analytic tables do not support columnar storage.
- You can perform a logical backup and restore for analytic tables. Physical backup and restore are not supported.
- You can create analytic tables as logically partitioned tables. This results in the entire table hierarchy being analytic.
- Do not create analytic tables as parent/child tables with inheritance.