You must define at least one schema in an Aster database before you can create tables, views, or other objects or move data.
- In the Administration perspective, click an Aster connection.
- In the Navigator, double-click on the database in which you want to create the schema. The list opens in the Object List Viewer.
- In the Object List Viewer, display the schema list and click .
- In the Create Schema form, click General and type a Name for the new schema.
- Review the generated SQL statements that will create the new schema.
- [Optional] Modify the CREATE statement by returning to previous steps to change your selections.
- Click Commit to create the schema.
[Optional] Click Privileges and define the privileges:
Grantee Type Description Users Select a user to whom you want to grant rights for this schema, then select the rights. Roles Select a role to which you want to grant rights for this schema, then select the rights. Public Gives the public role to this schema.
- Click SQL to review the generated SQL with added GRANT and REVOKE statements.
Click Commit to set the privileges you selected for this schema.
You can change any privilege you've set by returning to the Privileges tab and double-clicking a privilege icon.