You can edit the data type for a table column prior to importing data in the Smart Load Wizard. The exact menu options vary depending on the table type and the column type.
- On the Data Types page, click the ellipsis next to the data type to change.
- In Type select the data type for the column you are editing. The remaining options vary depending on the data type.
- Select Can contain nulls if the data in the column can include null values. This action de-selects Values must be unique if it is selected.
- Select Values must be unique if the data in the column must be unique values. This action clears Can contain nulls.
- If you selected SMALLINT as the data type, you can select Distribute by Hash if you want specify a distribution key column. Using Distribute by Hash with a distribution key is mandatory for fact tables and optional for dimension tables. Joins involving columns that are part of a distribution key constraint will be optimized.
- Click OK.