The Connection Profile contains the JDBC information required to connect to an instance of a Teradata Database.
- In the Data Source Explorer or Navigator, click to create a new connection.
- Select Teradata from Connection Profile Types.
- At Name, type a name to identify the connection profile.
- [Optional] At Description, type a description of the connection profile.
- Click Next.
- Select a driver from Select a driver from the drop-down. The Teradata Embedded JDBC Driver template is selected as the default JDBC driver template. If you need to create a new Teradata JDBC driver template, click .
- At Database Server Name, type the host name running the Teradata Database.
- At User Name[Domain], type the user name for the connection. If you are connecting through Kerberos authentication, include the Domain name.
- At Password, type the password for the connection.
- If you are using advanced authentication, such as LDAP or Kerberos, select the Authentication Mechanism. TDNEGO is also supported. If you did not choose LDAP, Kerberos, or TDNEGO, the default protected logon is used.
- [Optional] Set the Database if your connection requires that a default database be set at logon.
- Select Save Password to save the password. The password is valid for the workbench session.
- In JDBC Connection Properties, accept the default properties or add and remove JDBC connection properties to specify the connection details for the profile. The default JDBC connection properties include a QueryBand string that contains query band name value pairs (separated by semicolons) for a session.
- [Optional] Click Cache Properties to open the Database Cache Properties dialog and select the databases to cache.
- [Optional] Click Delete Cache Files and confirm to delete cache files.
Specify when to connect:
Option Description Connect when the wizard completes Connect to the database when you complete the profile. Connect every time the workbench is started Connect to this database each time you launch the workbench.
- Click Next to view the Summary information.
- Click Finish to create the connection profile.