You can compare the Data Definition Language (DDL) text of two Teradata Database/User objects. You must be able to connect to the Teradata Databases where the objects are stored.
- Open the Data Source Explorer and navigate to the Database or User object you want referenced in the comparison. This object is called the referenced object.
- Right-click the object and select .
- Select a profile from the Select Connection Profile list. The list shows Connection Profiles to which you are currently connected. If you do not see the profile you need, go to the Data Source Explorer and right-click Database Connections to connect to the correct profile.
- Use the expanded Database navigation tree to select the Database/User object with which you want to compare. This object is called the compared to object.
- Click Next to select additional objects to include in the comparison.
- Select additional objects you want to include in the comparison by checking the box beside it. If the database contains no other objects, such as tables or functions, to include in the comparison, the Compare Objects screen is blank.
Results of the object DDL text comparison display in the Compare View.