Triggers automatically perform SQL operations in response to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, or MERGE modifications of the tables on which they are defined.
- In the Navigator, right-click the database or user that contains the table for which you want to modify a trigger, and click Show Tables. A list of the tables the database or user contains appears in the Object List Viewer.
- In the Object List Viewer, right-click the table for which you want to modify a trigger, and click Show Triggers. Any triggers that have been defined for the table are listed in the Object List Viewer.
- In the Object List Viewer, right-click the trigger you want to modify, and click Modify Trigger. A Modify Trigger property form opens in the Details view.
- Modify properties by entering new information into the property fields.
- [Optional] Click the SQL tab to see the SQL code that will be executed on the connected system to modify the trigger.
- Click Commit. If an error is returned, modify your trigger properties to address the error. The trigger is modified in the connected database.
- Click OK. A property form shows the modified trigger properties.