The Copy Object Wizard copies Teradata table data from one Teradata Database to another.
- Open the Data Source Explorer and navigate to the Tables folder in a Teradata Database.
- Right-click a table object and select .
- In the Data Transfer Wizard, select Teradata as the Source Type and click Launch.
Select the table to copy by specifying Source information:
- Select from the list the Teradata Connection Profile that contains the table to copy.
- Select the Database that contains the table object.
- Select the Table to copy.
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Specify which columns are to receive data from the source table, and select whether to append the data or replace existing data in the destination table.
- In Job Name, accept the default name or rename the Copy Object job.
- Click Next
- In SQL Summary, review the generated Data Definition Language (DDL) script for the transfer. Some objects, such as macros, display blank.
- [Optional] If you want to save the DDL script, click Save DDL to open the SQL Save dialog and specify a file location and name.
- Click Finish to run the transfer job. The Copy Object Wizard prompts you that the object created successfully or failed.
- If successful, monitor the data transfer operation in the Transfer Progress View.
- Review details about the data transfer operation in the Transfer History View.