Cloning a database or user creates a new database or user that starts with the same properties as the original database. You can change any of those properties before you create the new database or user.
- In the Navigator, right-click Databases and click Show Databases. A list of the databases and users in the connected system appears in the Object List Viewer. The list is filtered according to any filters you have applied.
- Right-click the database or user you want to clone, and click Open Database/User.
- Enter a unique name for the new database or user, and modify any properties you want to change by entering new information into the property fields.
- [Optional] Click the SQL category to see the SQL code that will be executed on the connected system to modify the database or user.
- Click Commit. The new database or user is created in the connected database.
- Click OK. The clone property form is replaced by a property form for the new database or user.