Use the Role form to specify a role definition that can be used to create a new Aster role or modify the roles and privileges of an existing one.
- Role Properties
- Click the property option tabs in the left panel to view role properties, such as in role and membership rights, in the right panel.
- General — Specify the name of a new role.
- In Roles — Specify which roles this role is a member of. You must create the role object before you can define roles.
- Members Of Role — First select the Member Type (Users or Roles) and next add the users or roles to be a member of this role by selecting the MEMBER or w/Admin check boxes. You must create the role object before you can administer privileges for the role.
- Object Privileges — First select the object to which you want to grant rights by this role and next specify the privileges to grant to this role by selecting the check boxes beside the object.
- SQL — Review the generated CREATE ROLE statement that is based on the property selections made.
Be sure to commit your SQL role definition to create a new role or to save your changes to an existing role in the Aster Database.