- In the Administration perspective, click an Aster connection and choose the Users category.
- In the Object List Viewer toolbar, click .
- In the Create User form, click General and type a Name for the new user.
- Assign and confirm a password.
- [Optional] Select Inherit so this user automatically inherits group privileges.
- Review the generated statements that will create the new user.
- [Optional] Modify the CREATE statement by returning to previous steps to change your selections.
- Click Commit to create the user.
[Optional] Click In Roles and specify roles for this user.
Role Name Description In Role User is member of the role. Not in Role User is not a member of the role. Add to Role User selected to be added as a member of the role. Remove from Role User selected to be removed as a member of the role.
[Optional] Click Object Privileges and define the privileges:
- Select the Object Type.
- Select the Database that contains the objects on which you want to set privileges for the user or select ALL.
- Set the privilege for each object you select in the Object Name column.
- Click SQL to review the generated SQL.
- Click Commit.