You can select a Teradata Aster Database table in the Data Source Explorer and load data to the table using the Data Transfer Wizard.
- Open the Data Source Explorer and navigate to a table object in an Aster database.
- Right-click the table and select .
- In the Data Transfer Wizard, select External File as the Source Type.
- Click Launch.
- In the Load Data Wizard, type the directory path and name of the file that contains data you want to load. You can find a file in your file system by clicking Browse to navigate to and select the file.
Select one of the following options in File Type to describe the data in the input file:
Option Description Delimited Text Text file that uses delimiters to separate data; such as, commas or semicolons in a TXT or CSV file. Excel (.xlsx) Microsoft Excel file with.xlsx file extension. Excel 87-2003 (.xls) Microsoft Excel file with.xls file extension.
- [Optional] Select the Column Labels in First Row check box to specify to use the first row of data as the column labels for the new table.
- [Optional] Select the Lock Table check box to lock the table during the load operation.
- [Optional] Select the Replace Existing Data check box if you want the existing data in the Aster table to be replaced by the loaded data.
If you selected Delimited Text as the file type, complete these fields:
Field Description/Action Column Delimiter Type of delimiter to be used. The options are:
- | (vertical bar)
Character String Delimiter Distinguishes a string text. The options are:
- " (double-quotes)
- ' (single quote)
File Encoding Character set to use to encode the data. The options are:
- If you selected Excel (.xlsx) or Excel 97-2003 (.xls), select the Excel worksheet from which to load the data.
- Click Finish.