You must be connected to the Aster Database server before you can create an Aster database. A default database called beehive is created when Aster Database is initialized. To create your first user-defined database, you can connect to the beehive database. If at any time you need to undo your database definition, click Reset to delete your entries and begin again.
- In the Administration perspective, click an Aster connection.
- In the Navigator, double click on the Databases category to display the list of databases in the Object List Viewer.
- In the Object List Viewer toolbar, click (Create a new Aster database).
- In the Create Database form, click General and type a Name for the new database.
- [Optional] In Encoding, select the character set encoding to use for the new database.
- Review the generated statements that will create the new database.
- [Optional] Modify the CREATE statement by returning to previous steps to change your selections.
- Click Commit to create the database.
[Optional] Click Privileges and define the privileges:
Grantee Type Description Users Select a user to whom you want to grant rights for this database, then select the rights. Roles Select a role to which you want to grant rights for this database, then select the rights. Public Gives the public role to this database.
- Click SQL to review the generated SQL with added GRANT and REVOKE statements.
Click Commit to set the privileges you selected for this database.
You can change any privilege you've set by returning to the Privileges tab and double-clicking a privilege icon.