A role defines a set of database privileges on database objects. A user who is assigned a role automatically gains all the privileges of that role. For more information on roles and privileges, see SQL Fundamentals, SQL Data Control Language, and SQL Data Definition Language - Syntax and Examples.
- In the Navigator, right-click Roles, and click Show Roles. A list of the roles defined in the connected system appears in the Object List Viewer. The list is filtered according to any filters you have applied.
- In the Object List Viewer, right-click the role you want to modify, and click Modify Role. A Modify Role property form for the selected role opens in the Details view.
- Modify properties by entering new information into the property fields.
- [Optional] Click the SQL tab to see the SQL code that will be executed on the connected system to modify the role.
- Click Commit.
- Click OK to dismiss the confirmation dialog. A property form shows the modified role properties.