Use the User object form to specify a user definition that can be used to create a new Aster database user or modify the roles and privileges of an existing one.
- User Properties
- Click the property option tabs in the left panel to view related user properties, such as user name and password, assigned roles, and generated DDL, in the right panel.
- General — Specify the name of a new user. You must specify a user password.
- In Roles — Specify which roles to grant to this user. You must first create the user object before you can assign roles for it.
- Object Privileges — Specify the level of privileges granted to this user for specific objects in the Aster Database. You must first create the user object before you can assign privileges for it.
- SQL — Review the CREATE USER statement that was generated based on the selections you make.
You must execute the generated SQL by clicking Commit to create the user object before you can assign roles or privileges.