You can grant or modify system privileges for users and roles only.
From the Navigator in the Administration perspective, do one of the following:
- To modify system privileges for a user, right-click the Databases node and click Show Databases.
- To modify system privileges for a role, right-click the Roles node and click Show Roles
Click to highlight one or more users or roles in the Object List Viewer and do one of the following:
- Click to select one or more users or roles, then click (modify system privileges).
- Right-click a user or role and click -Modify System Privileges.
Select the Privileges category in the left pane to grant or modify system privileges on the selected object.
- Under Display Privileges, select one or more privilege types to grant to the selected grantees, and click Display Selected. The available privileges display in a table under the Legend. Grantees are listed in the Name column and the remaining columns display the privileges that you can grant.
Under Grant Options, select one or both of the following options:
Option Description All Children Select to extend general access privileges to all the children of the selected user. Only available for the User grantee type. With Grant Select to give Public or the selected user grantees the ability to grant privileges to other users. Only available for the Public and User grantee type.
- Once the privileges are changed, click Commit.
- [Optional] Verify the privileges by double-clicking the object in the Object List Viewer to open a tab in the Project Explorer, and click Privileges in the left pane.