You can compare the Data Definition Language (DDL) text of two Teradata table objects. You must be able to connect to the Teradata Databases where the objects are stored.
- Open the Data Source Explorer and navigate to the Table object you want to use for the comparison. This object is called the referenced object.
- Right-click the referenced object and select .
- Select a profile from the Select Connection Profile list. The list shows Connection Profiles to which you are currently connected. If you do not see the profile you need, go to the Data Source Explorer and right-click Database Connections to connect to the correct profile.
- Use the expanded Database navigation tree to select the database that contains the table with which to compare. If you select a database that does not contain tables, the message "No Tables" displays below the database list.
- Select a table object from the Table list. This object is called the compared to object.
- Click Next to select additional objects to include in the comparison.
- Select additional objects you want to include in the comparison by checking the box beside it. If the table does not contain other objects such as triggers, the Compare Objects screen is blank.
Results of the object DDL text comparison display in the Compare View.