You open the Blob Editor from the Table Data Editor by selecting the row that contains the Binary Large Object (BLOB) in the table.
A BLOB data object can be represented in one of three ways:
- BLOB handle - Handle to the BLOB data in the database.
- Snippet of data - Text snippet you edit or insert in cell.
- Filename - For data objects over 64k, name of file that contains the data. You can edit or insert data in this file. BLOB data larger than 64k cannot be edited in the Blob Editor.
To open the Blob Editor:
- Select a table that contains a BLOB object and open it in the Table Data Editor. See Opening the Table Data Editor. The table name displays in the tab at the top of the editor. You can open several tables in the editor and move between them by clicking these tabs.
- Select the BLOB to edit from the Binary Large Objects column. Single objects are separated in rows.
Click the ellipses () at the right end of the row to open the Blob Editor.
See About the Blob Editor.