- A valid DSC repository backup job data set must exist before a DSC restore job can be run.
- The corresponding repository_config_system.xml file for the DSC repository data set must be present.
- The corresponding export_repository_backup_config.xml file for the DSC repository data set must be present.
The run_repository_job command allows you to restore the DSC repository. When you restore the repository, the process completes with a 5269 warning. This is expected behavior.
If you have lost the BAR database but still have the BARBACKUP database, go directly to the run_repository_job step to restore the repository.
If your DSC repository is lost, run the following commands in BTEQ to drop the BAR and BARBACKUP databases:
delete database BAR; drop database BAR; delete database BARBACKUP; drop database BARBACKUP;
- Run $DSA_DSC_ROOT/recoverDSCRepository.sh to recreate the DSC repository.
- Restart all DSA services to re-establish connection to the DSC repository.
Type dsc import_repository_backup_config -f export_repository_backup_config.xml, in the directory where DSA is installed
install path/dsa, to import the initial DSC repository configurations.
The export_repository_backup_config.xml file was created after exporting your initial DSC repository configuration.
If SSL is not enabled for this system, perform the following. If SSL is enabled for the system, skip to the next step.
- Copy the saved repository_config_system.xml file that was exported from the DSC server.
- Type dsc config_systems -f repository_config_system.xml
- Type dsc enable_component -n dsc_repository_system_name -t SYSTEM
- Type dsc enable_component -n dsc_repository_target_group_name -t TARGET_GROUP
- Restart the ClientHandler.
After SSL is enabled for this system, perform the following in the BAR Setup portlet:
- From the CATEGORIES list, click Systems and Nodes and select the repository.
- Select the Enable SSL over JMS Communication checkbox and enter the TrustStore password.
- Click Apply and enter the credentials when prompted.
- Restart DSMain on the DSC repository system as indicated in the warning message.
- After DSMain has restarted, click Enable in the BAR Setup portlet.
- From the CATEGORIES list, click Media Servers, select the media server used for repository backup, and click Apply. This activates the media server in the background.
- Type dsc recover_backup_metadata -n repository_target_group to recover save set information and recreate the backup job.
- Type dsc list_recover_backup_metadata -n repository_target_group and verify that the overall status is COMPLETED. When the overall status is completed, you can proceed to the next step.
Type dsc run_repository_job followed by the parameters, and press Enter.
Parameters Description t|type Type Enter restore to restore the DSC repository. v|backup_version BackupVersion [Optional] Backup version number. Enter latest or 0 for the latest save set. n|name Name [Optional] Enter the name of the target group for the restore. If not specified, will restore to default target group set in target group configuration XML file.
- After the restore repository job is complete, perform a tpareset on the DSC repository database.