This task describes how to restore a backup of DSC repository metadata.
If you abort a DSC repository restore job while the job is in progress or if the restore job fails, DSC repository metadata will be corrupted. DSC triggers a command to restore all repository tables to their initial state, which is an empty table.
- From the CATEGORIES list, click Repository Backup.
- Click Restore DSC Now. During the restore job, the BAR Setup and BAR Operations portlets are unavailable.
- Select a save set to restore.
- Click Continue. [Optional] Click Abort to end the restore operation.
[Optional] If the restore job ends with a warning:
Check the job status.
In the following example, repo1_restore_job is the job name.
dsc.sh job_status -n repo1_restore_job -B
- If the status indicates the foreign keys were not restored, run the foreign key repair script at /opt/teradata/client/<version>/dsa/dsc/recreateFk_<version>.sh. When the restore job is complete, the BAR Setup and BAR Operations portlets become available.
- Check the job status. In the following example, repo1_restore_job is the job name.
- After the repository restore job is complete, perform a tpareset of the DSC repository database.