- The backup job must have completed with a status of COMPLETED_SUCCESSFULLY, COMPLETED_ERRORS, or WARNING in the original DSA configuration.
- NetBackup save sets must not be expired.
- The DSA user ID and user account must be the same in the new domain as in the original domain because the new domain requires the same permissions to access the files created by the original domain. The default DSA user ID is 600. The default DSA user account is dscuser.
- Job names must be unique in a DSA domain. For example, Prod_test1 cannot be imported into different domains if a job named Prod_test1 already exists in the target domain without resulting in an error. However, multiple versions of the same job name can be imported into different domains.
The following procedure restores backup jobs to a different DSA domain.
In the original DSA domain, export the backup job definition and associated targets and save sets using the export_job_metadata command.
When the export_job_metadata or import_job_metadata command is running, no other operations or commands can run at the same time. In addition, export_job_metadata and import_job_metadata cannot run if an operational job or repository job is running.
- Query the backup IDs.
- Migrate the exported metadata files. The exported job metadata files must exist on a DSA Teradata Managed Server for BAR in the destination DSA environment. If network connectivity exists between the two environments, copy the files using the file transfer mechanism allowed between the environments and ensure the time/date stamps are preserved. Alternately, the target environment can perform an NFS mount of the source disk file system.
Migrate the images to the new DSA location.
For NetBackup, you can transfer the backup image data by physical tape transfer or electronic media transfer:
- Physical tape transfer: Export the NetBackup images using the NetBackup feature for exporting tapes. The NetBackup save sets must not be expired.
- Electronic media transfer: If NetBackup Auto-Image Replication (AIR) is active between the two domains, the images are automatically migrated.
- In the new DSA domain, import the backup job definition and associated targets and save sets using the import_job_metadata command. The new DSA domain requires physical systems, media servers, NetBackup servers, and target groups to be configured so that you can import data to the new domain.
- In the new DSA domain, map the virtual target group to a physical target group using the -V option with the config_target_group_map command.
- In the new DSA domain, run list_jobs -t migrated to see the migrated jobs.
- Validate the metadata against the NetBackup data.
Run list_components -e true to see available system and target groups.
- If the system and target groups required for the restore job are not available, run config_systems and config_target_groups to enable them.
- Create a restore job based on the migrated backup job.