When using a NetBackup server to back up and restore data, you must add and configure the NetBackup server using the BAR Setup portlet.
NetBackup policies are tied to media servers during the target group configuration. It is important that the policies entered for your NetBackup configuration coincide with the policies intended for the media server configuration mapped as a target.
- From the Categories list, click Backup Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, click NetBackup.
- Click next to Servers.
From the NetBackup Details screen, configure the following:
You can use alphanumeric characters and underscores, but no spaces.
Option Description General
- Enter a Nickname using alphanumeric characters and underscores, but no spaces.
- Enter the server IP address or DNS in Server Name (IP/DNS).
- Enter a Policy Name. Policy names are case-sensitive.
- Enter the number of Storage Devices associated with the policy.
- Click Apply.