The delete_component command deletes an existing component based on the information in the parameters.
dsc delete_component [parameters]
dsc delete_component -n system1 -t system -S
- n|name Name
- The name of the BAR component. The name must be unique. If the system name begins with a special character such as a dash -, press Enter after entering the command, then enter the system name with the special character at the Enter the System Name prompt. For example, type dsc export_config -t system -f book.xm -n, press Enter, then type -testA if -testA is the system name.
- t|type Type
The type of BAR component. Enter one of the following:
- s|system System
- This value must be specified if the component type is a node.
- S|Skip_prompt SkipPrompt
- [Optional] Skips displaying a confirmation message before performing the command action.
- u|user_authentication User
- Required when security management is enabled. Supplies the command with the Viewpoint user, and triggers a password prompt for authentication.
To use the delete_component command, you must specify the component name and type, as well as the system if you are deleting a node. You do not need to specify the component name for disk_file_system types.
- system marked for repository backup
- system in use by a job
- media server in use by a target group
- NetBackup server in use by a target group
- target group in use by a job
- target group in use by a target group map
- target group in use for repository backups
- policy used by a target group
XML File Example
This command does not support an XML file.