From the Saved Jobs view, do one of the following:
Option Description Create a new job
- Click New Job.
- Select Teradata as the system type.
- Select the Restore job type and click OK.
Create a job from a backup job save set
- Click for a backup job that has completed.
- Select Create Restore Job to create a restore job from the selected save set.
Create a job from migrated job metadataMigrated job metadata results when tapes and metadata information that pointed to a specific backup job were migrated from one DSA environment to a different one.
- Click for a migrated job.
- Select Create Restore Job to create a restore job from the selected migrated job.
- Enter a unique Job Name.
If the source set you want to use is not already displayed or you want to change it, click Edit, select Specify a version, and select the save set to use.
If the selected job is retired, the Save Set Version information is not selectable.
- Select the Destination System and enter the Credentials associated with it.
- Select the Target Group.
- [Optional] Add a job description.
- [Optional] To change the objects selected, clear the checkboxes and select others in the Objects tab.
[Optional] If you have created a backup job on the TD_SERVER_DB database, and the job contains a SQL-H object, you can map the restore job to a different database:
- Select the SQL-H object in the Objects tab.
- Click next to the SQL-H object.
- In the Settings box, map the restore job to a different database.
[Optional] To verify the parent and objects selected, click the Selection Summary tab.
Size information is not available for DBC only backup jobs. N/A displays as the size value for DBC only backup jobs.
[Optional] To adjust job settings for the job, click the Job Settings tab.
Settings can include specifying whether a job continues or aborts if an access rights violation is encountered on an object.The Disable fallback option is not available for restore jobs when Run as copy is not set. The icon appears when the mouse pointer is hovered over the checkbox.
- Click Save.
To run the newly created restore job, in the Saved Jobs view:
- Click next to a job.
- Select Run.