You can configure a media server alert using the BAR Setup portlet.
- In the BAR Setup portlet, click Alerts.
- In the Alert Types list, click Media Server.
- In the Media Servers list, select a media server. When disabled, appears next to the alert.
[Optional] Click to copy alert settings from one or more media servers:
- In the Copy Alerts Settings box, select All media servers or specific media servers from the Copy Setting To list.
- Click OK.
In the Alert Details list:
- Check or clear the Enable alert box to enable or disable the alert.
- From the Severity list, select an alert severity.
- In the Alert Rules list, specify media server consumer availability by selecting Available or Unavailable.
From the Alert Action list:
- From the Action list, select an action. For an action to appear in the Action list, you must activate the action using the Alert Setup portlet.
- Specify a time in the Do not run twice in __ minutes box.
- In the Message box, type the message that should be sent when the alert criteria that you have configured are met.
- Click Apply.
- To reset fields to their default settings, click Reset.