Copy Operations for Large Objects (LOBs)
You can copy tables that contain large object columns. You can also copy large object columns to a system that uses a hash function that is different from the hash function used for the copy operation.
Copy Operations for Join Indexes and System Join Indexes (SJIs)
You can restore and copy join indexes, hash indexes, and system join indexes to the same name. You can also copy system join indexes to a different database name.
Copy Operations for Data Table Archives
When you copy a data table to a new environment, Teradata DSA creates a new table or replaces an existing table on the target Teradata Database.
- Does not have a table with the same name as the table you are archiving, a new table is created.
- Has a table with the same name, the table is replaced. The existing table data and table definition on the target database are replaced by the data from the archive.
- Changing a fallback table to a non-fallback table
- Changing the data temperature
- Changing the data compression