The purge_jobs command can be used for cleaning up DSC repository when resources are not released after aborting jobs. The command will abort any jobs and purge the resources used by any incomplete jobs. When no job name is provided, it purges resources used by all jobs in BAR and BARBACKUP.
purge_jobs -n| -name Name -B| -repository_backup -S| -skip_prompt
dsc purge_jobs -n|-name job1 -B -S
dsc purge_jobs -n <job_name> (This command will clean up the resources used by a particular job.)
dsc purge_jobs (This command will clean up the resources used by all jobs.)
- n|name Name
- [Optional] The name of the job for which resources has to be cleaned up. Must be unique for each job.
- B|repository_backup Repository Backup
- [Optional] Purges resources used by repository job in BARBACKUP database.
- u|user_authentication User
- Required when security management is enabled. Supplies the command with the Viewpoint user, and triggers a password prompt for authentication.
- S|Skip_prompt SkipPrompt
- [Optional] Skips displaying a confirmation message before performing the command action.
- Jobs are getting queued, but DSC shows no jobs are running.
- Job status in DSC shows that job is not running, but when user tries to rerun the job, DSC shows that job is running. User is not able to abort the job either.
XML File Examples
This command does not support an XML file.