You can configure a system alert using the BAR Setup portlet.
- In the BAR Setup portlet, click Alerts.
- Under Alert Types, click System.
- In the Systems list, select a system. When disabled, appears next to the system. The Alert Details list displays details for the system.
In the Alert Details list:
- Check or clear the Enable alert box to enable or disable the alert.
- From the Severity list, select an alert severity.
In the Alert Rules list:
- Select all conditions or any condition from the Alert when matching list.
- If you want to delete a Condition list, click to the right of the list.
- If you want to add a Condition list, click to the right of the list.
- In the Condition list, select a system status and whether or not system consumers are available.
From the Alert Action list:
- From the Action list, select an action. For an action to appear in the Action list, you must activate the action using the Alert Setup portlet.
- Specify a time in the Do not run twice in __ minutes box.
- In the Message box, type the message that should be sent when the alert criteria that you have configured are met.
- Click Apply.
- To reset fields to their default settings, click Reset.