When using a DD Boost server to back up and restore data, you must add and configure the DD Boost server using the BAR Setup portlet.
DD Boost storage units are tied to media servers during the target group configuration. It is important that the storage units entered for your configuration coincide with the storage units intended for the media server and device configuration mapped as a target.
- From the Categories list, click Backup Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, click DD Boost.
- Click next to Servers.
From the DD Boost Details screen, configure the following:
Option Description General
- Enter a Nickname using alphanumeric characters and underscores, but no spaces.
- Enter the server IP address or DNS in Server Name (IP/DNS).
- Enter the data domain DD Boost credentials in User and Password.
- Enter a Storage unit name that matches a data domain storage unit intended for the media server and device configuration mapped as a target.DSC does not support the same storage unit name across different DD Boost servers.
- Enter the maximum number of open files allowed.
- Click to add additional storage unit names and open file limits.
- Click Apply.