Download the necessary software before beginning. See Downloading Software to Upgrade from DSU on TVME 14.10.
Follow these steps on the TVME 14.10 VM to prepare your data for backup and migration.
- Back up the 14.10 DSC repository. See Backing Up DSC Repository and Configuration Before Upgrading.
- Upgrade DSU on the TVME 14.10 VM to 15.11.02 or higher. Install the newly downloaded packages in this order.
- Back up the upgraded 15.11.02 or later DSC repository. See Backing Up DSC Repository and Configuration Before Upgrading.
- Copy the files generated from the backup to a safe, known location outside of the the TVME 14.10 VM.
Make note of the following items that you'll need during the upgrade:
- IP address of the VM
- Name of the media server used to perform the repository backup
- Rename the VM to hostname_TVME1410 and shut it down.
- See Installing Teradata Database for VMware for DSU Upgrade.